My truck is in the shop for the 18,000 service, and I was wondering just what services needed to be performed.
- Change engine oil and replace filter.
- Clean or replace air filter(s).
- Replace fuel filter (gas).
- Replace fuel filter element (diesel).
- Check items in Maintenance Groups A and B.
Maintenance Group A:
- Check fluid levels and condition for power steering pump, cooling system (reservoir and
surge tank), brakes, transmission, transfer case, geared hubs and axles.
- Check CDR valve for oil saturation (Diesel).
- Inspect condition of control arms, springs and shock absorbers.
- Check tire wear and condition.
- Lubricate all grease fittings and body lubrication points.
- Inspect geared hubs for leaking seals or damage.
- Inspect service brakes and parking brake.
- Check axles for leaks or damage.
- Check wheel bolt and nut torque.
- Inspect condition of geared hub and axle vent lines.
- Inspect condition of transmission and transfer case vent lines.
- Inspect U-joints for wear or missing/damaged grease fittings.
- Inspect transmission/transfer case shift linkage for wear, binding, distortion.
- On gas engine and non-turbo models, inspect accelerator linkage for wear, binding,
- Inspect condition of engine mounts and insulators.
- Check ignition timing (Gas engine only).
- Check fuel filter and drain/clean if necessary (Diesel).
- Check CTIS operation. Verify that system inflates/deflates tires.
Maintenance Group B:
- Inspect fuel injection pump, lines and fittings for leaks or damage (Diesel).
- Check battery voltage and condition. Clean battery exterior with ammonia/water or baking
- Inspect serpentine belt condition.
- Inspect exhaust system and shields.
- Inspect and rotate tires.
- Inspect halfshaft boots and ball joint seals.
- Inspect condition of steering column, U-joints, tie rods, steering arm, center link and idler arm.
- Check fuel tank vent line filter.
- Inspect condition of frame rails and crossmembers.
- Check A/C system operation.