Click here for a listing of all HUMMER Network sponsors
The Hummer Knowledge Base
Jim Moretti at Lynch Hummer was good enough to fax me exactly what is
done for a 12K service:
- Change engine oil and filter
- Clean or replace air filter
- Replace fuel flter (gas or diesel)
- "Flush" cooling system
- Change transmission fluid and filter
- Change transfer case fluid
- Change geared hub fluids
- Change axle fluids
- Check/Service batteries
- Inspect belts/hoses
- Inspect exhaust system
- Inspect/rotate/balance tires
- Check level/condition of fluids for brakes and power steering
- Inspect drivetrain/CV boots for leaking seals or damage
- Inspect control arms, springs, shocks, tie rods, idler arm, pitman arm, center link and ball joints for wear or damage
- Check/lube all grease fittings & oil can points
- Inspect all vent lines and fittings for damage
- Inspect U-Joints for freeplay/damage
- Inspect all transmission and t-case linkage fo bends or excessive play
- Inspect engine mounts & insulators for poor fit or damage
- Check wheel alignment
- Check brakes FR.%____ RR.%____
Whew! no wonder it's so expensive!
Thanks go to Jim Moretti for the info.
Back to main page
The Hummer Knowledge Base is a collection of informative posts from the Hummer Network forums and mailing lists, contributed material and links to outside web sites.
The Hummer Network is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained herein or on outside web sites, nor for any situation arising from the use thereof.
© 2006-2011 by The Hummer Network. No material from the Hummer Knowledge Base may be reprinted or republished in any form without permission.