Click here for a listing of all HUMMER Network sponsors
The Hummer Knowledge Base
Rear Seat Belts Won't Retract:
My rear seat belts do not retract.
Most often the D-ring is restricted from pivoting freely causing the belt to bind at that point. Possible causes of rear seat belts not retracting on HUMMER H1 and HMMWV w/3-pt. belt mounting system are:
- Incorrect D-ring mounting bolt - shoulder of bolt too short
- D-ring cover contact with trim panel (HUMMER H1 only)
- Incorrect D-ring mounting bolt torque - over or under torqued
- Incorrect D-ring assembly missing spacer and or washers
- Frayed/cut/soiled belt
- Dirt or other foreign material in retractor mechanism
- Weak retractor spring
When I had this problem it turned out to be very small rocks in the retractor mechanism.
Back to main page
The Hummer Knowledge Base is a collection of informative posts from the Hummer Network forums and mailing lists, contributed material and links to outside web sites.
The Hummer Network is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained herein or on outside web sites, nor for any situation arising from the use thereof.
© 2006-2011 by The Hummer Network. No material from the Hummer Knowledge Base may be reprinted or republished in any form without permission.