Click here for a listing of all HUMMER Network sponsors
The Hummer Knowledge Base
Military (HMMWV) Designations:
(In no particular order)
- M998 - basic troop carrier
- 1038 - troop carrier w/ winch
- 966 - armored tow carrier
- 1036 - tow carrier w/winch
- 1045 - tow carrier with sup armor
- 1046 - tow , sup arm w/winch
- 1025 - armament carrier armored ( 50 cal , m-60, mk19 grenade launcher)
- 1026 - as above w/ winch
- 1043 - armament carrier with sup armor
- 1044 - as above w/winch
- 1037 - s250 shelter carrier
- 1042 - as above w/winch
- 996 - 2 litter ambulance
- 997 - 4 litter ambulance
- 1035 - 2 litter soft top
Military (HMMWV) Trailers:
- M101 - The original model. 5 lug split rims, same as on the Dodge M37 type trucks. No brakes.
- M101A1 - Very similar to M101, minor changes. 5 lug wheels also, no brakes.
- M101A2 - 8 lug standard wheels same as on the Chevy M1008 1 ton, surge brakes.
- M116A1E1 - similar to M101A2.
- M101A3 - 8 lug wheels, redesigned fender wells, Humvee wheels, surge brakes, Marine Corps steel design.
- M1101 - Latest Army design, upgraded aluminum body, Humvee wheels, surge brakes. Also called HMT/L.
- M1102 - Same as M1101 rated for heavier loads. Also called HMT/H, HMT's have independent suspension.
Back to main page
The Hummer Knowledge Base is a collection of informative posts from the Hummer Network forums and mailing lists, contributed material and links to outside web sites.
The Hummer Network is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained herein or on outside web sites, nor for any situation arising from the use thereof.
© 2006-2011 by The Hummer Network. No material from the Hummer Knowledge Base may be reprinted or republished in any form without permission.