Click here for a listing of all HUMMER Network sponsors
The Hummer Knowledge Base
Replacing Block Heaters:
The Readers Digest version of changing it:
- Drain coolant
- Loosen the center screw to remove the old heater. You may have to fish the old spreader (backer for the locking screw) out of the block if it falls off the back of the old heater.
- Put some coolant or silicone lube (do not use a petroleum product) on the rubber gasket.
- Slip it in the block in the 6 or 12 o'clock position.
- Tighten locking screw to 20-25 in lbs
- Refill radiator and purge cooling system of air.
I've got it down to about a 30 minute job including the drain, refill and purge.
Back to main page
The Hummer Knowledge Base is a collection of informative posts from the Hummer Network forums and mailing lists, contributed material and links to outside web sites.
The Hummer Network is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained herein or on outside web sites, nor for any situation arising from the use thereof.
© 2006-2011 by The Hummer Network. No material from the Hummer Knowledge Base may be reprinted or republished in any form without permission.