Click here for a listing of all HUMMER Network sponsors
The Hummer Knowledge Base
> I need to store my truck for close to two years. What should I do to prepare my truck
> for storage?
- Inside if possible.
- Jack up all four wheels, and put on jack stands.
- Air down the tires to about 10 PSI.
- Do a 12,000 mile service before storage.
- Put batteries on trickle charger.
- Full fuel tank, put in some algicide.
- Crack all windows to vent inside of vehicle, but not enough to allow rodents to enter.
- Put bowl of mothballs under each seat.
- Remove that box of crackers that you didn't finish the other night!
- Wax the truck.
- Cover with a sheet (cotton!) to keep dust off.
- Being dry is vital!
Back to main page
The Hummer Knowledge Base is a collection of informative posts from the Hummer Network forums and mailing lists, contributed material and links to outside web sites.
The Hummer Network is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained herein or on outside web sites, nor for any situation arising from the use thereof.
© 2006-2011 by The Hummer Network. No material from the Hummer Knowledge Base may be reprinted or republished in any form without permission.