Click here for a listing of all HUMMER Network sponsors
The Hummer Knowledge Base
For those of you with older Hummers I found a way to install
the passenger side snubber. When you try to remove the bolts
and the nut turns you have the older type. You can't reach up
from inside because of the heater box.
- Get a friend to help.
- Have your friend apply upward pressure on the old snubber
with a screwdriver as you turn the ratchet. (It's not easy
and will take a few minutes. When completed the nuts will
fall off and appear on the floor.
- Get a 1/8 inch rod about 18 inches long. We used a skewer.
|3a.||Remove the kick plate to get more room to work.
- Put the new snubber in place and insert the rod in the
hole until your friend sees it.
- Have your friend put the nut in a socket with a long
extension, put it on the end of the skewer and as you apply
slight pressure downward have him or her push up. The nut
will come up against the metal.
- Pull out the skewer a carefully insert the bolt and hand
turn until it catches.
- Put on the socket and tighten.
- If this fails call Stinger. They have some kind of tool
they lend out.
Back to main page
The Hummer Knowledge Base is a collection of informative posts from the Hummer Network forums and mailing lists, contributed material and links to outside web sites.
The Hummer Network is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained herein or on outside web sites, nor for any situation arising from the use thereof.
© Copyright by The Hummer Network. No material from the Hummer Knowledge Base may be reprinted or republished in any form without permission.